Please contact us for product availability for the following items:
- Lamb Meat
540-882-4018 Business Hours:
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
There are no products in this group.
Market Lamb – Live, Half and Whole
- Virginia Food Tax of 2.5% is applied to all Food Orders – Market Lamb, Honey and Eggs
- Virginia Sales Tax of 6% is applied to all “non-food” items
Our market lamb is always processed at a USDA Certified Butcher
- Custom cut lamb can be ordered whole or half – call for availability
- Priced on hang weight before carcass is trimmed or de-boned which averages 55-60% of live weight:
- Whole lamb – $4.50 per pound (averages 60 lbs)
- Half lamb $5.00 per pound (averages 30 lbs.)
- Processing prices vary by butcher used, cuts ordered but average $90-120 dollars for a whole lamb and $45-$60 dollars for a half lamb which includes shrink wrapping of individual cuts
- Carcass yields vary by cuts ordered i.e. boneless cuts weigh less than bone-in.
- Example – A 60 lb whole lamb at $4.50/lb = $270.00, Processing = $110.00, TOTAL: $380.00.
- Delivery to local buyers for gas reimbursement up to 50 miles or you can pick up at butcher shop.
- Freezer lamb cuts are also available on site from ground lamb to leg of lamb and priced between $7-$14/lb